Facilities Engineer – HVAC/Cleanroom
Area of Interest: Facilities
Job Title: Facilities Engineer – HVAC/Cleanroom
State/ Province/ Region: New York
Country: United States
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global manufacturing and technology footprint. Launched in March 2009 through a partnership between AMD [NYSE: AMD] and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC), GLOBALFOUNDRIES provides a unique combination of advanced technology, manufacturing excellence and global operations. With the integration of Chartered in January 2010, GLOBALFOUNDRIES significantly expanded its capacity and ability to provide best-in-class foundry services from mainstream to the leading edge.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is headquartered in Silicon Valley with manufacturing operations in Singapore, Dresden, and a new leading-edge fab under construction in Saratoga County, New York. These sites are supported by a global network of R&D, design enablement, and customer support in Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan, the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Facilities Engineer to oversee the design, construction, startup and ongoing operations of our HVAC and Cleanroom operations in support of our new 300mm Wafer Fabrication facility. In addition to the start up, you will be responsible for operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and continuous improvements to our HVAC and Cleanroom Systems. You will assist Sr. Engineers as they select suppliers and vendors required to operate and maintain Fab Operations.
In addition to your strong technical role, you must be able to work with the management team and ensure constant uptime of all the systems under your area of responsibility. This individual must be a self starter and be able to work with minimal direction.
The individual will report to the Facilities HVAC Section Manager and will be located at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in Malta, New York.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Engineering support of all HVAC and Clean room systems providing technical direction to Technicians and contractors in support of the operations.
• Interfacing closely with Tool Hookup Team, Process Lateral Systems, and Fab Operations to ensure smooth startup and continued operations that are seamless to the Fab Operations team.
• Be capable and motivated to look for ways to control costs while sustaining and improving operational systems for Fab operations.
• Regulatory compliance with all City, State, and Federal guidelines.
• This position may be asked to complete other engineering tasks outside of the HVAC Departments responsibilities as needed to resolve operational issues that affect Fab Operations
• BS Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience of large Central plant operations, including large chillers, boilers, air compressors, vacuum pumps and support equipment.
• Occasional domestic and/or international travel may be required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with 200 or 300mm wafer fab start ups and operations.
• Prior experience in the semiconductor industry.