GMP and Cleanroom Manager
Company: ConnectPoint Search Group
Status: Full Time, Employee
Location: Minneapolis, MN 55432
Job Category: Quality Assurance/Safety
Salary: $75K plus an attractive benefits package
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Our client is a growing national facilities support organization with 28 years of experience providing janitorial, general building maintenance and environmental awareness for many Fortune 500 companies. The company has an impressive track record and is searching for individuals who will add to the team to help us raise the bar in client services, safety, and growth.
Our client has consistently maintained a 95 percent customer retention rate, ranking them within the top one percent of their industry!
Our client’s reputation for hiring great leaders has served them well with their clients. Understanding that consistent growth and satisfied customers create a continuous need for great people, our client is dedicated to providing opportunities and support to its employees so that they may expand, develop and sharpen their skills.
You would join a truly select group of committed individuals working together to create a culture of respect, autonomy, and support. The work culture, based on trust and respect, focuses on valuing employees and encouraging leaders. Our client’s employees are creative, hard-working, and entrepreneurial with the ability to think expansively and work independently while having the support of their peers.
Our client seeks an accomplished GMP and Cleanroom Manager to join its growing team. This manager will be responsible for the documentation and implementation of a world-class technical cleaning program to include GMP space, clean rooms, and many critical customer environments. As our client’s quality ambassador, the manager will ensure that the GMP cleaning program consistently exceeds the requirements of our customers as well as those of the federal regulatory agency. Implementation of this program will be global in nature and very fast moving; travel will be required for this position. The manager will effectively support technical cleaning strategies, will successfully manage training programs and will achieve positive financial results for the program. The successful applicant will have a direct impact on the success of the organization’s growth strategy.
· Review current customer Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and make recommendations to the customer on how to mitigate their risk
· Develop SOPs with clients when no current SOPs exist
· Develop and maintain a set of quality metrics in order to continuously improve the GMP offering to our customers
· Perform as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on GMP process and regulatory requirements
· Review all current and future documentation for GMP compliance
· Develop and perform GMP audits
· Review project proposal to determine time frame, funding limitations, staffing requirements, procedures for accomplishing project, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
· Hire, develop and mentor individuals that can perform at a high level within the organization
· Provide necessary training and coaching to team members to grow the GMP servicing business. Build a successful/cohesive team using development tools, resources, training, goals, performance measures, and a flexible interpersonal style
· Facilitate the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace by encouraging individuals to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities
· Take corrective project action as required to improve results. Assure that company metrics are up to date and advise company leadership of any barriers to sustaining gains that have been made
· Determine resource allocation and evaluates alternatives in the organization. Use established principles and practices to gather data, interpret information, and explain fluctuating elements and risk in investments
· Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards
· Develop and executes multi-channel communication throughout the organization regarding program status and ensuring coordination of activities with other Black Belts. Capture project case histories that can be re-used for other projects
· Convey and/or absorb information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages an audience and helps them understand, retain, and utilize the concepts provided
· Assist organization and black belts in the development of project charters. Populate and sustain project pipeline
· Work within and promote corporate values
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Interpersonal skills to relate to and communicate with others in a mature, objective, and cooperative manner
· Able to make sound, objective evaluations and judgments in all operational areas
· Must have effective public speaking, presentation, and written communications skills
· Must be able to manage people and lead/support project sponsors; and plan, set priorities and accomplish goals without supervision
· Must be detail oriented to implement new procedures and understand operating systems
· Must have thorough understanding and knowledge of operations, procedures, and business philosophies
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field; post graduate designation preferred
· Must have general business, finance, credit, operations, and sales experience to perform
· management duties
· Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English
· Previous experience conducting GMP, Critical Space and SOP related field work
· Educated in FDA Regulations and Corrective Action Procedures (CAP)
Annual salary is $75,000; An excellent benefits package is also included.
For immediate consideration, please click on the link below. All applications are considered confidential.
Please click here to apply online.